Since the context of an event is the framework supporting the event, a contextual essay is written with the framework of the event in mind. The event is usually some piece of writing on which you must focus the essay. You can use other writings to add depth to the essay, but only if they fit the context of the first piece of writing.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do I use context effectively within an essay?
When should I quote?
- Discussing specific arguments or ideas. Sometimes, in order to have a clear, accurate discussion of the ideas of others, you need to quote those ideas word for word.
- Giving added emphasis to a particularly authoritative source on your topic.
- Analyzing how others use language.
- Spicing up your prose.
2. How do you write a context essay?
Writing a Context Essay: Revision of Structure 1. • Identify the KEY TERMS (find some useful SYNONYMS which could be used, too). • Formulate a GUIDING QUESTION that uses these key terms. This is the question you will seek to answer in your response.
3. What does context in an essay mean?
4. How to write a context?
The section should be organized as:
- What is known about the broad topic?
- What are the gaps or missing links that need to be addressed?
- What is the significance of addressing those gaps?
- What are the rationale and hypothesis of your study?