Common App Essay prompts
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success.
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea.
3. How to format your common application essay?
Structuring Your Common App Essay
- Make a plan. Plan, plan and then plan some more.
- Introduce your ideas. Once you’ve completed your outline, turn your attention to your introduction.
- Work paragraph by paragraph. Each paragraph needs to lay out the main ideas clearly and show how they interlink with each other.
- Round off with something memorable.
4. Which Common App essay prompt should you choose?
“Which essay prompt should I pick from the Common Application ?” is one of the most frequent questions I hear as an Essay Coach. Here is my answer. Choose the prompt that: Prompts some ideas (brainstorm!) Tells a story that shows something positive and interesting about your character, passions or scholastic ability.