What Is a Thesis in an Essay?
- Function. The thesis is a statement of the paper’s purpose; it therefore drives every paragraph of the essay.
- Features. A thesis statement is a single sentence.
- Location. Writers commonly place the thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What are the steps to write a thesis?
- The claims of a good thesis should be definable and arguable.
- It anticipates the counter-argument s
- It does not use unclear language
- It avoids the first person.
- A strong thesis should be able to take a stand and not just taking a stand but should be able to justify the stand that is taken, so that the