- Definition of Descriptive Essay. A descriptive essay, as the name implies, is a form of essay that describes something.
- Qualities of a Descriptive Essay.
- Difference Between a Description and a Descriptive Essay.
- Examples of Descriptive Essays in Literature.
- Function of Descriptive Essay.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you write a descriptive essay?
Use words such as “suggest,” “support,” “show,” or “indicate” instead. Use overly complex sentence structures. The goal is clarity. Use colloquial or informal writing style, especially slang. Use contractions. Use biased language. The male pronoun (he) does not refer to everyone.
2. How to write a good descriptive essay?
Try to use unusual and even outstanding words for describing a scene. At the same time do not forget about the most simple adjectives, sometimes a single and simple word said with a strong manner can show a real depth of the feature or feeling. When you start to describe the event or scene or whatever you write about – be consistent.
3. What exactly is a descriptive essay?
Strategies for writing an essay hook:
- Use literary quotes.
- Write a quote from a famous person.
- Surprise with a misconception.
- Write an anecdote.
- Tell a personal story.
- Use statistical data.
- Ask a question.
- Share a fact or a definition.
- “Draw” a scene.
- Start with a thesis statement.
4. What are the qualities of a descriptive essay?
Major Characteristics of a Descriptive Essay – A Complete Guide
- Grabs interest of the reader. As stated earlier, descriptive essays do not only describe the subject.
- Visualization. Professional writers state that no descriptive essay can be considered as good quality work if it lacks visualization.
- Sensory Experience.
- Subjective versus objective viewpoint.