2. What are the best ways to write a literature review?
without all the drama
- Step #1: Focus on Structure, Then Content, Then Style. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your literature review, take a deep breath.
- Step #2: Do Some Writing Every Day. Most grad students are pros when it comes to research.
- Step #3: Define Your Scope.
- Step #4: Get a Few Fresh Pairs of Eyes.
- Step #5: Add to the Conversation.
3. Why to write a literature review?
and many more for a field of study or theory or a particular problem to do the following:
- Summarize into a brief account of all information
- Synthesize the information by restructuring and reorganizing
- Critical evaluation of a concept or a school of thought or ideas
- Familiarize the authors to the extent of knowledge in the particular field
- Compare & contrast
4. How to write and publish a literature review?
Write literature review in 5 simple steps
- Search for relevant literature on your topic. In this context, literature review refers to academic sources like books and journal articles about the topic of interest.
- Evaluate and select sources. It is not possible to read through every source and article written on the topic.
- Identify themes, debates, and gaps. As you read, make it a priority to take notes and pay attention to the connections between different sources.
- Outline your literature review’s structure. You can structure your literature review in a few ways.
- Get writing. Make sure your literature review has an introduction, a main body that summarizes and synthesizes the sources, and a conclusion similar to other academic texts.