The steps for completing a reaction or response paper are:
- Observe or read the piece for an initial understanding.
- Mark interesting pages with a sticky flag or take notes on the piece to capture your first impressions.
- Reread the marked pieces and your notes and stop to reflect often.
- Record your thoughts.
- Develop a thesis.
- Write an outline.
- Construct your essay.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to write a response essay to an article?
Writing Steps of a Critical Response Essay Step 1: Pre-Writing A. Analysis of Writing Situation. Purpose. Before a student begins writing a critical response essay, he or she must identify the main reason for communication to the audience by using a formal essay format.
2. How to write a good response essay?
A good response is persuasive; therefore, it should cite facts, examples, and personal experience that either refutes or supports the article you’re responding to, depending on your stance. Two Typical Organizational Formats for Summary/Response Essays: 1. Present the summary in a block of paragraphs, followed by the response in a block: Intro
3. How to write a response essay, Complete Guide?
Writing a Response Essay: Your Helpful Tips
- Try to understand your impressions: It is very important to concentrate on your first impressions.
- Concentrate on the entire atmosphere: Often, the text has some subtext, which can be read between the lines.
- Evaluate the text: At this stage, you are expected to find both the pros and cons of the text.
- Prepare an outline.
4. How to write article essay?
The list of references
- Research and Citation — The Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Citation Guide (MLA and APA) — Lane Community College
- MLA Citation Guide (8th Edition): In-Text Citation — Columbia College