A good argumentative essay should follow this structure:
- Introductory paragraph. The first paragraph of your essay should outline the topic, provide background information necessary to understand your argument, outline the evidence you will present and states your thesis.
- The thesis statement. This is part of your first paragraph.
- Body paragraphs.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What is the best way to start an argumentative essay?
- Read lots of great argumentative writings. See opinion section in most newspaper / publication.
- Research your topic. Read all the latest debate or controversy arround it.
- Choose a standpoint. What is your stand on the matter.
- Be cynical to yourself.
- Write and practice a lot.
2. How do I properly write an argumentative essay?
Steps on Writing Your Argumentative Essay
- Choosing A Topic. Whichever style of argument you choose, you will still need to choose an appropriate topic for an argumentative essay.
- Research. Look for material (books, articles, blogs, documentaries) by credible sources and experts.
- Write an Outline. A good outline will help you heaps when it comes to the writing process.
- Fill In the Blanks.
3. What are the rules of writing an argumentative essay?
- Utilise the first 15 min (the time allotted for reading the paper) for READING COMPREHENSION ONLY.
- Now after reading the comprehension twice and attempting rest other questions of comprehension, attempt the precis part.
- Read the question TWICE to find out EXACTLY WHAT IS ASKED.
- Underline the part of comprehension relevant to the question.
4. How to write an efficient argumentative essay?
Think Like a Pro
- Classical. Present the main argument, state your opinion, and do your best to convince the reader why your stance is the right one.
- Rogerian. Present the problem, acknowledge the opposing side of the argument, state your point of view, and explain why yours is the most beneficial to the reader.