Steps for Writing a Summary Essay
- Thoroughly read and study the original text.
- Divide the text into several sections, and sketch a rough outline.
- When you have a clear understanding of the information in each part of the source, write down the main idea in each section in the form of a short overview.
- Write an introduction.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to start a summary?
- Start with the source’s information. You should start every summary with the author and the article’s title.
- Work from memory to write the main point of each section.
- Present the material using the author’s point of view. As you write, make sure you’re only summarizing the original piece of writing.
- Use language appropriate to a summary. You want your reader to know that you’re summarizing another person’s arguments.
2. How to write a three sentence summary?
These are the main points to remember:
- The main point of the article is to communicate it clearly and concisely.
- The author will write the summary.
- This summary is much shorter than the actual document.
- This summary summarizes all the key concepts and arguments.
- This summary condenses large amounts of information in a limited space.
3. What makes a good essay?
- Proper editing and formatting
- Free revision, title page, and bibliography
- Flexible prices and money-back guarantee
4. How to effectively write an essay?
Determine the type of essay you are writing.
- An analytical essay breaks down a topic or concept to better examine and understand it.
- An expository essay teaches or illuminates a point.
- An argumentative essay will make a claim or back up an opinion to change other people’s point of view.