How to Write an Argument Analysis Essay
- Locate the thesis of the argument you are analyzing.
- List each argument and piece of evidence in support of the thesis and leave space for notations.
- Analyze the logic, facts and any data that the argument presents.
- Look at studies that the author quotes if they seem suspect.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to write a good critical analysis essay?
In critical analysis essays the point of interest is your opinion about the matter, not the matter itself. Lastly, make sure you follow a good structure and make sure that you have enough sufficient evidence. Double-check the logical sequence of your arguments to ensure that you present them to your reader correctly.
2. How do you write a good argumentative essay?
The body of the arguments should only contain points based on findings and factual statements. Plan the time well. It is common not to have enough time to read through all the literature. Make a plan for how much you can learn in a day, and stick to it.
3. What is the initial step to critical analysis?
The initial step to critical analysis to read carefully and thoroughly, identifying the author’s thesis. Most of your information will come from reading different sources and understanding different takes and opinions on the same issue. You must pay attention to details, recognize the author’s’ rhetorical devices, biases, and assumptions.