Format Your Essay in APA Style Using Microsoft Word
- Set the Page Number APA style papers require that you have a title page. You should also have page numbers in the top right of every page.
- Set the Font Style, Size, and Spacing From the HOME tab, set your font to Times New Roman size 12. Select the paragraph settings icon to open the menu.
- Set Margins
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to do APA format for beginners?
How to Do APA Format for Beginners
- Title Page. Per the 7th edition of the Publication Manual of the APA, a formatted paper does not need a separate title page, unless specifically required.
- Paper Format. A paper written in APA style pays close attention to mechanical details and is typed using a legible, 12-point font, usually Times New Roman.
- In-Text Citations.
- Reference Page.
2. How to format your essay in APA style?
- There should be uniform margins of at least one inch at the top, bottom, left, and right sides of your essay.
- The text should be in Times New Roman size 12 font.
- Your paper should be double-spaced.
- Every page should include a page number in the top right corner.
- The first word of each paragraph in your paper should be indented one-half inch.
3. How do you set up a paper in APA format?
APA Format (7th Edition) in Microsoft Word Opening Microsoft Word • On the computer desktop, double click Microsoft Word. (Or on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen, click the Microsoft Word icon.) Setting Up the Paper in APA Format • Click the Line Spacing button in the Paragraph group. Choose 2.0. (If you do not see the
4. How do you set up a paper APA style?
• Use the same font throughout the entire paper. • Write body text in standard (nonbold, nonitalic) font. • Use italics sparingly, for instance, to highlight a key term on first use (see Concise Guide to APA Style Section 4.15). Headings Format Level Format 1 Centered, Bold, Title Case Heading Text begins as a new paragraph. 2