For quotations of multiple lines, there are some specific formatting requirements. If you quote two or three lines, use a forward slash to mark the line breaks. Put a space before and after the slash. Make sure to use the same punctuation, capitalization, and styling as in the original text.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you cite an essay in MLA format?
- Essays. MLA recommends that when dividing an essay into sections you number those sections with an Arabic number and a period followed by a space and the section name.
- Sample Section Headings.
2. How to properly cite in text MLA?
To make an MLA 9 citation for a website, you will need the following pieces of information:
- author’s name
- title of the article or page
- title of the website
- name of the publisher (Note: Only include the name of the publisher when it differs from the name of the website.)
- date the page or site was published (if available)
3. How do you format a quote in MLA format?
To format a block quote in MLA, start by introducing the quote with a short sentence that ends with a colon or comma. Then, insert the quote on a new line without quotation marks. After you insert the quote, indent the entire block of text so it’s 1/2 an inch from the left margin.
4. How do you quote a quote in MLA format?
Quoting in MLA
- Accuracy. Writers must always accurately quote the source.
- Quoting Prose. The rules for quoting prose vary according to how much you quote.
- Additional Special Issues. There may be some occasions when you need to alter a quote in order to prevent the audience from becoming confused.