In an academic essay, these phrases will probably be too informal because they are too personal. “In my opinion, + [your sentence]” In my opinion, a good education is more important than a good car. “I believe that + [your sentence]”
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What words can you use in an essay?
- Jargon (i.e., “insider” terminology that may be difficult for readers from other fields to understand)
- Clichés (i.e., expressions that are heavily overused, such as think outside of the box and at the end of the day)
- Everyday abbreviations (e.g. photos, fridge, phone, info)
- Slang (e.g. cops, cool)
- Gender-biased language (e.g. firemen, mankind)
2. What are the common words used in an essay?
Essays about family problems, short essay on industrial revolution, different types of shoes essay, topics for english essay for class 5, apa standard research paper Common words essay ielts used in how important is the act essay essay on deadweight loss college admissions essay writing service what describes the style of an argumentative essay
3. What are good transition phrases for essays?
Transition Words for Argument Writing Introducing Examples That is to say In other words For example For instance Namely An example of this As in the following examples Such as Including Especially Particularly In particular Notably Chiefly Mainly Mostly Writing in Lists/Sequence First(ly) Second(ly) Third(ly) Another Yet another In addition
4. What are some good transition words for an essay?
What are the 5 examples of transitions?
- Of addition. Examples: also, besides, furthermore, moreover, etc.
- Of contrast. Examples: however, still, nevertheless, conversely, nonetheless, instead, etc.
- Of comparison. Examples: similarly, likewise.
- Of result. Examples: therefore, hence, thus, consequently, etc.
- Of time. Examples: