A good argumentative essay should follow this structure:
- Introductory paragraph. The first paragraph of your essay should outline the topic, provide background information necessary to understand your argument, outline the evidence you will present and states your thesis.
- The thesis statement. This is part of your first paragraph.
- Body paragraphs.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to create a powerful argumentative essay Outline?
Argumentative Essay Outline (To save a copy for yourself choose “file>download as” or “file>make a copy”. Cheers!) Intro; Hook Background information Thesis; Develop Your Argument Make a claim 1; Evidence 1a; Evidence 1b; Evidence 1c Make a claim 2; Evidence 2a; Evidence 2b Evidence 2c Make a claim 3; Evidence 3a; Evidence 3b
2. What is a good outline for an argumentative essay?
The first paragraph of your essay should outline the topic, provide background information necessary to understand your argument, outline the evidence you will present and states your thesis. The thesis statement. Body paragraphs. Conclusion. How To Outline an Argumentative Essay in 4 Steps Introductory paragraph.
3. How to write an argumentative essay step by step?
Argumentative Essay Writing A Step-by-Step Guide Name: _____ Hour: _____ Table #: _____ TERM DEFINITION argument Making a claim and supporting it using logic. persuasion Making a claim and supporting it using feelings and emotions. claim The position that you are trying to get your readers to accept.
4. What are some good topics for an argument essay?
List Of Great Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is Recycling an Effective Way to Preserve the Earth?
- Healthcare: a Right or a Privilege?
- Are Straws an Environmental Hazard?
- Should Cigarette Smoking Be Legal?
- Is Spanking Your Child a Form of Abuse?
- Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
- Prisoners’ Rights: Should They Be Allowed to Vote?
- How a Vegan Diet Leads to a Longer Life
- Abortion: Should it Be a Choice?