How to Write an Essay Introduction | 4 Steps & Examples
- Hook your reader. Your first sentence sets the tone for the whole essay, so spend some time on writing an effective hook.
- Give background information. Next, give your reader the context they need to understand your topic and argument.
- Present your thesis statement.
- Map your essay’s structure.
- Check and revise.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to start a descriptive essay?
Part 3 Part 3 of 3: Creating a Strong Opening for the Essay Download Article
- Begin with a hook first line. Academic Tutor & Test Prep Specialist Expert Interview.
- Provide context and background. Situate the reader by providing brief background on the topic.
- Use sensory details.
- Show, rather than tell.
2. What are the best ways to conclude a descriptive essay?
- stress the importance of the thesis statement,
- give the essay a sense of completeness, and
- leave a final impression on the reader.
3. What should I Write my descriptive essay on?
- Money back guarantee
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Free plagiarism checker
- Progressive delivery
4. How do you write a good introduction in essay?
What to avoid
- Avoid phrases like ‘In this essay I’m going to write about ’
- Avoid moving away from your topic. Stay focused on the essay title.
- Avoid a detailed analysis of the text in your introduction – you don’t need to start analysing quotations here.