- Make a claim
- Provide the grounds (evidence) for the claim
- Explain the warrant (how the grounds support the claim)
- Discuss possible rebuttals to the claim, identifying the limits of the argument and showing that you have considered alternative perspectives
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What is the best way to start an argumentative essay?
- Read lots of great argumentative writings. See opinion section in most newspaper / publication.
- Research your topic. Read all the latest debate or controversy arround it.
- Choose a standpoint. What is your stand on the matter.
- Be cynical to yourself.
- Write and practice a lot.
2. How do I properly write an argumentative essay?
Steps on Writing Your Argumentative Essay
- Choosing A Topic. Whichever style of argument you choose, you will still need to choose an appropriate topic for an argumentative essay.
- Research. Look for material (books, articles, blogs, documentaries) by credible sources and experts.
- Write an Outline. A good outline will help you heaps when it comes to the writing process.
- Fill In the Blanks.
3. What are the rules of writing an argumentative essay?
- Utilise the first 15 min (the time allotted for reading the paper) for READING COMPREHENSION ONLY.
- Now after reading the comprehension twice and attempting rest other questions of comprehension, attempt the precis part.
- Read the question TWICE to find out EXACTLY WHAT IS ASKED.
- Underline the part of comprehension relevant to the question.
4. How to write an efficient argumentative essay?
Think Like a Pro
- Classical. Present the main argument, state your opinion, and do your best to convince the reader why your stance is the right one.
- Rogerian. Present the problem, acknowledge the opposing side of the argument, state your point of view, and explain why yours is the most beneficial to the reader.