Tips on How to Write an Argumentative Essay
- Find a Good Topic and Point of View. To find a good topic for an argumentative essay, consider several issues and choose a few that spark at least two solid,
- Gather Evidence. One of your essay’s first objectives will be to assess both sides of your issue.
- Write the Essay.
- Present Both Sides of the Controversy.
- Final Tips.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to set up a good argumentative essay?
A good argumentative essay should follow this structure: Introductory paragraph. The first paragraph of your essay should outline the topic, provide background information necessary to understand your argument, outline the evidence you will present and states your thesis. The thesis statement. This is part of your first paragraph.
2. How to write a really good persuasive essay?
Write your conclusion at the very end of your essay.
- How could this argument be applied to a broader context?
- Why does this argument or opinion mean something to me?
- What further questions has my argument raised?
- What action could readers take after reading my essay?
3. How can I write a good persuasive essay?
How to write a good persuasive essay from scratch with the outline?
- Choosing the Best Topic. A universal rule to starting your persuasive essay is to pick a topic that alone interests you.
- Hook One with Your Thesis. Your paper should start with a declarative statement that introduces your reader to your point of view.
- Correlate with Both Pros and Cons.
- Be Empathic.
- Be Repetitive.
- Conclude Responsibly.
4. How do you write a really good essay?
The Rogerian model also consists of four steps you might repeat throughout your essay:
- Discuss what the opposing position gets right and why people might hold this position
- Highlight the problems with this position
- Present your own position, showing how it addresses these problems
- Suggest a possible compromise —what elements of your position would proponents of the opposing position benefit from adopting?