APA Essay Format Basics
- Title Page. Your essay should have a title page in APA format.
- Abstract. An abstract is a brief summary of your paper that immediately follows the title page.
- References. The reference section is located at the end of your paper.
- Text. For an APA-style essay, the text will include the actual essay itself: The introduction, body, and conclusion.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What is the correct format for an essay?
MLA General Format MLA Style specifies guidelines for formatting manuscripts and citing research in writing. MLA Style also provides writers with a system for referencing their sources through parenthetical citation in their essays and Works Cited pages.
2. How do you set up a paper in APA format?
APA Format (7th Edition) in Microsoft Word Opening Microsoft Word • On the computer desktop, double click Microsoft Word. (Or on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen, click the Microsoft Word icon.) Setting Up the Paper in APA Format • Click the Line Spacing button in the Paragraph group. Choose 2.0. (If you do not see the
3. What is a good format for an essay?
- Develop a topic by understanding the assignment requirements, exploring background information, and forming a working thesis
- Conduct research using scholarly sources , taking critical notes and reading closely
- Create a thesis statement and outline of arguments that will form the essay
4. How to write a scholarly paper in APA format?
Throughout your paper, you need to apply the following APA format guidelines:
- Set page margins to 1 inch on all sides.
- Double-space all text, including headings.
- Indent the first line of every paragraph 0.5 inches.
- Use an accessible font (e.g., Times New Roman 12pt., Arial 11pt., or Georgia 11pt.).
- Include a page number on every page.