Transition, Lead-in, Quote (TLQ) Using Quotes in Essays When you use quotes, you must first use a transitional phrase (such as “For example,”, “In addition”, “Furthermore”, etc). This is called the transition. Secondly, you must first provide the context of the quote (who is speaking and in what
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What are some good transition words for essays?
What are the major types of transitions between shots?
- Defocus transition.
- Fade in/out.
2. How do you transition into a quote?
- Don’t place an ellipsis if you use only a short phrase from the source.
- Don’t omit information if its absence distorts the original meaning of the quote.
- Put a period before the ellipsis if you skip one or more sentences.
3. What are some good transition phrases?
Transition phrases to mention quotes
- Y said.
- In 1969, Y said
- This was pointed out by Y, he said
4. What are some good transition words?
How do you write a good transition?
- Similarity. also, in the same way, just as, so too, likewise, similarly.
- Contrast. however, in spite of, nevertheless, nonetheless, in contrast, still, yet.
- Sequence. first, second, third, next, then, finally.
- Time. after, at last, before, currently, during, earlier, immediately, later,