Transitions within a paragraph
- The known-new contract. The order of information within each of your sentences is important to the cohesion of your text.
- Transition words and phrases. Using appropriate transition words helps show your reader connections within and between sentences.
- Grouping similar information.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What are some good transition words for an essay?
What are the 5 examples of transitions?
- Of addition. Examples: also, besides, furthermore, moreover, etc.
- Of contrast. Examples: however, still, nevertheless, conversely, nonetheless, instead, etc.
- Of comparison. Examples: similarly, likewise.
- Of result. Examples: therefore, hence, thus, consequently, etc.
- Of time. Examples:
2. How to write a transition?
- Many Americans are quitting their current position in hopes of better opportunities.
- Insider spoke to an expert career coach about crafting the ideal resignation letter.
- These tips will make the off-boarding process easy, professional, and less uncomfortable.
3. What are some good transition words?
How do you write a good transition?
- Similarity. also, in the same way, just as, so too, likewise, similarly.
- Contrast. however, in spite of, nevertheless, nonetheless, in contrast, still, yet.
- Sequence. first, second, third, next, then, finally.
- Time. after, at last, before, currently, during, earlier, immediately, later,
4. What are some good transition sentences?
What Are Transitional Words and Phrases?
- I ran home, and I got there just in time. ( and is a transition word that connects the two occurrences equally)
- I ran home, but I was still late. ( but introduces a contrast)
- I could run home, or I could stay at school and work. ( or presents two different options)