How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay Step by Step
- Select Your Subjects. The first step is to choose two topics worth a spotlight of similarities and differences.
- Explore Similarities and Differences. An outline is par for the course when drafting an essay.
- Hone Your Argument List.
- Gather Supporting Evidence.
- Write an Outline.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What are some things to compare and contrast for an essay?
What are good topics to write about for a compare and contrast essay? Paying for college or getting a scholarship. Life in high school vs life in college. Online tuitions or home tuitions. Getting a college degree or getting a job. Working in college vs freelancing in college. Spending money on education vs spending money on fun.
2. How to write comparing and contrasting essay examples?
Compare and contrast essays means you have to examine the similarities and differences between two or more things. In this example, I compare and contrast two cities, New York and Los Angeles, in terms of climate, housing, population, and transportation. Enjoy! An Example Essay Comparing and Contrasting Two Cities: New York vs. Los Angeles
3. How do you oganize an essay using comparison and contrast?
- Determine the purpose and structure of comparison and contrast in writing.
- Explain organizational methods used when comparing and contrasting.
- Understand how to write a compare-and-contrast essay.
4. What are some good things to compare and contrast?
What are some good things to compare and contrast?
- Night time vs daytime.
- Sleeping vs being active.
- Running & walking.
- Summer & winter.
- Comic books and TV shows.
- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer vs Charmed.
- Pokemon & Sailor Moon.
- Pizza or sushi.