Method 1 of 3: MLA Download Article PRO
- Start your Works Cited entry with the author’s name. Use the name of the author of the specific article you want to cite.
- Enclose the title of the article in quotation marks. After the author’s name, type the title of the article.
- Include the title of the book and name of the editor.
- Conclude with publication information for the book.
2. What is the correct MLA citation?
Quotations in MLA
- With the author’s name in the sentence (a citation in prose).
- Without the author’s name in the sentence (a parenthetical citation).
- In a block quote, which is used when a large quote, of 4 lines or more, is added into a project.
3. How do you cite a working paper in MLA style?
MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format
- Basic rules. Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Additional basic rules new to MLA 2016. For online sources, you should include a location to show readers where you found the source.
- Capitalization and punctuation.
- Listing author names.
- More than one work by an author.
4. What is an example of MLA citation?
Use the punctuation as shown:
- Title of source.
- Title of container,
- Other contributors,
- Publication date,