Comic books can be cited using MLA 8: Author’s Last name, First name if they are found online or through an e-reader. The title of the comic book issue is “Title of Comic Book Issue.”. “Comic Book, E-Reader, Title., vol. Number, issue number, name of publisher, year published, page range, etc.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to create a MLA citation?
- Align the title to the center of the document
- Add a one-inch margin below the top edge of the paper
- Do not bold, italicize, or underline the title
- The title should be the same size and style as the rest of the document (12-point font)
- Place a double space between the title and the first citation on the page
2. How do you cite a series in MLA format?
To cite an afterword in a reference entry in MLA style 8th edition include the following elements:
- Author (s) name: Give the last name and name as presented in the source (e.
- Title of the book: Container titles are italicized and followed by a comma.
- Editor (s) or Author of the book: Give the name of the author or editor of the book.
- Publisher: Always use the abbreviated version, e.g: MIT P for MIT Press or Oxford UP for Oxford University Press.
3. How to cite a book with more than one author in MLA?
In-text citations when there are multiple authors
- Two authors. For a work with two authors, include both authors’ last names in every in-text citation, whether narrative or parenthetical.
- Three or more authors. For a paper with three or more authors, only enter the last name of the first author listed and add “et al.” after it.
- Group authors.
4. How to cite a comic book in APA style?
To cite a comic book in print, find the following pieces of information:
- The author’s name
- The title of the comic book issue
- The title of the comic book series
- The volume and issue number
- The name of the publisher
- City and state, or city and country of publisher
- Year published
- A page or page range (if citing only a specific portion of the comic book)