3. How do you properly use footnotes?
If you’re working with Microsoft Word, inserting footnotes is quite easy, Just follow these steps:
- Place your cursor where you would like the superscript to appear.
- Under the References tab, click Insert Footnote. This will make the superscript appear in the text, where you placed your cursor.
- The corresponding number will be automatically inserted in the footer of your text.
- In the footer of the text, add your footnote citation.
4. How to use footnotes and endnotes in essays?
To insert a footnote or endnote in a Microsoft Word document, you need to:
- Go to References > Footnotes on the main ribbon
- Select either Insert Footnote or Insert Endnote as required
- Type your note in the newly created footnote/endnote