An argumentative essay expresses an extended argument for a particular thesis statement. The author takes a clearly defined stance on their subject and builds up an evidence-based case for it. Argumentative essays are by far the most common type of essay to write at university.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to write perfect argumentative essay?
Think Like a Pro
- Classical. Present the main argument, state your opinion, and do your best to convince the reader why your stance is the right one.
- Rogerian. Present the problem, acknowledge the opposing side of the argument, state your point of view, and explain why yours is the most beneficial to the reader.
2. What are some great topics for argumentative essays?
What makes a good argumentative essay?
- Strong argument. To write a compelling essay that persuades your reader, start with a strong argument.
- Thesis. Closely related to having a strong argument is your formal and specific message, or your thesis.
- Research. For an argumentative essay to be convincing, it needs to be based upon and cited by comprehensive research.
3. What are the different types of Argument Essays?
What are the types of arguments?
- The first type iseductive arguments.
- There are two types ofctive arguments.
- There are three types of Toulmin Argument.
- The 4th type is the Rogerian Argument.
4. How to compare and contrast an argumentative essay?
- Writer ID:
- Total Orders:
- Satisfaction rate: